SouthPoint Garden Supplies specialise in providing our customers with a large range of premium garden mulch products to suit every garden project and budget.
We have the ability to provide expert garden knowledge, supply and deliver product to not only your home garden project but commercial projects across Victoria.
Mulching is an essential ingredient in maintaining your gardens health, but when chosen correctly can complement and visually enhance your landscape areas.
Why garden mulch?
With water conservation of high priority, mulching your garden helps to:
- Significantly reduce evaporation in warmer periods
- Garden mulch helps reduce the amount of water required to maintain a healthy garden
- Garden mulch insulates and maintains a constant soil temperature
- Through its nutritional qualities, garden mulch stimulates plant growth
- When applied to the correct depth, garden mulch suppresses weed growth
- Garden mulch reduces ongoing maintenance and gives your project a professional finish
Most popular garden mulches:
How to apply garden mulch:
Take these few steps before laying your mulch down to ensure success
- Remove or poison weeds (then wait for a fortnight after using poison)
- Moisten the soil thoroughly. Ensure that the water you apply is penetrating.
- If the water is running off the surface, fork through some compost to aid with the water retention.
- If you are planting into the soil, add some water saving crystals into the planting hole.
- If you are using bark-based mulches, you might consider sprinkling some blood and bone over the soil. This extra nitrogen will compensate for any nitrogen being taken up by the gradual decomposition of the mulch.
- Lay your mulch thickly (8-10cm deep), keeping the area directly around plants free of mulch.
- Lastly sprinkle soil wetting agents over the surface. This will ensure that any watering doesn’t run off the surface of the mulch.
SouthPoint Garden Supplies:
- SouthPoint Garden Supplies has a large selection of high quality garden mulch products sourced locally and from across the state.
- With over 20 years experience and in depth local knowledge; we are able to provide expert product and application recommendations for your garden
- SouthPoint staff are passionate about landscaping and gardening
- Our knowledge is second to none with respect to helping you choose the correct product for you garden
Areas we deliver to: